Wednesday, July 2, 2014

35 Weeks



I was prepared to write this update last night, but because of a clumsy moment, I decided to sleep off my irritation (towards myself) and post today. After getting home from work yesterday, having dinner with Jeff, doing a few quick chores and taking a shower, doing the weekly blog update while having a late night snack of Fruit Loops seemed like a wonderful way to wind down. Once I got everything prepped, I started to walk down the hall, bowl of cereal in one hand, and a few odds and ends in the other. All of a sudden, my right hand decides - on it's own, I might add - to let go of the bowl. It was as if this all happened in slow motion. I look down and can see it slowly rotating towards the ground, and next thing I know, I'm jolted back to reality by a loud noise and ceramic bowl, milk and cereal spread out all over the floor. I just stood there a bit, looked at the mess and thought to myself, 'how did that just happen?' Jeff was very kind to come to my aid and help clean it up. He claims that I was carrying too much, but I'm telling you, my hand just decided to do it's own thing. ;) Anyway, how ridiculous that such a silly incident put me in a funk for the remainder of the evening. I ended up having a nectarine and checked out Amazon for some remaining purchases for Little M. 

On another note, here are a couple of photos of our kitchen. It's the largest one we've had since living in London, and I really like that we have an eating area too. We also have a dishwasher again - happy, happy, happy times!

View from the hall.


View from the laundry room.
How far long? 35 weeks 
Baby size? 20 - 22 inches and about 5.5 pounds
Total weight gain? about 32 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yep
Sleep? Yes but getting comfortable enough to fall asleep is becoming increasingly difficult. Once I go to sleep, I'm golden though. 
Best moment(s) this week? The continued decorating of the nursery. I get so excited every time something else is delivered. For the most part, we are done - just waiting on the arrival of Little M's initials (which will showcase above his crib). It's now time to get all of his clothes/blankets cleaned and put away. We've made good progress on the rest of the house as well. I need to finish organizing the laundry room, bathroom and bedroom. 
Miss anything? My smaller ankles and feet. And when I say smaller, I mean slimmer because I obviously have rather large/long feet. I've only had minimal swelling lately (thank goodness!), but they just look... ick! 
Movement? Yes and I enjoy it so much!
Food Cravings? Fruit Loops! Jeff was able to get these a few days ago from Tesco, a nearby grocery store. We paid about £2.79 ($4.79) for one box. I've since been told they had been previously been available at specialty shops only for £8 (about $13.73) - how crazy and for only one box?!
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope
Gender? Boy!!!
Labor signs? Nope
Belly button in or out? I'm so stretched out that I'm not really sure anymore.  
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and even more so because my parents arrive in London on 1 August and Jeff's parents on 9 August! Let the countdown begin!!
Looking forward to? Getting everything sorted around the house, our parents' visits AND holding my sweet boy come August! I've got 2.5 weeks of work left in the office, then 1.5 weeks of working from home plus a few days of holiday before my maternity leave starts. There's so much to do and it seems time is just slipping away. Motherhood will be quite a change, with plenty of hard, stressful times as well as many wonderful times. It's a change that I'm looking forward to. God placed in me a strong desire to be a mom when I was very young, and it's hard to believe that in just a few short weeks, my son will be here. I don't even know how I will be able to contain the immense joy of being Little M's mom or seeing Jeff being a Daddy (beyond excited about this!!). I'm so thankful for God's gracious gift and pray that Little M grows to have a caring spirit and a Christ-like love for others. 

2 comments:

  1. Are you waiting for Little M to come before you tell anyone his name? Will there be a handout (valid question btw. Hosanna and Hava both came with one)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we're waiting till he's here. We don't have a handout prepped - what's the story behind that?

      Delete