Tuesday, July 8, 2014

36 Weeks


How far long? 36 weeks 
Baby size? 20 - 22 inches and about 6 pounds
Total weight gain? about 33 pounds
Maternity clothes? Yep
Sleep? Yes and turning over has become quite a chore! 
Best moment(s) this week? Washing/drying all of Little M's tiny clothes and blankets! His nursery is almost finished. I've got a few more things to organize, and we are still waiting on his initials to arrive, but all of the large items are set. I also had the opportunity to see the cyclists whiz by Parliament during Stage 3 of the Tour de France on Monday, 7 July. There were so many people who waited hours outside to cheer on and catch a quick glimpse of the riders. It started to rain some before they arrived, so I decided to watch inside from the first floor of the building where my office is. While it didn't last long, the atmosphere, felt even inside, was incredible. 
Miss anything? Snow cones! If only Sno Biz was nearby - I'd have a #3 flat top Sweet Tart snow cone everyday! :) 
Movement? Yes, and within the past week, I've noticed Little M responding to loud noises. When we were at the laundromat on Saturday, I accidentally dropped a bag full of coins on the bench I was sitting on. What a strong jolt I felt! You could even see my entire belly shutter.
Food Cravings? Pickles - dill pickles specifically. The only thing is Jeff and I can't seem to find them anywhere here. We've purchased a few different brands and they are all more sweet than sour. What an insignificant bummer.
Anything making you queasy or sick? Nope but heart burn is oh so frequent.
Gender? Boy!!!
Labor signs? Nope
Belly button in or out? Not out but kind of still in - very stretched out.  
Wedding ring on or off? On
Happy or moody most of the time? Happy and somewhat overwhelmed.
Looking forward to? My next antenatal appointment, which is this Friday. I'll meet with my midwife, have Little M checked out and further discuss the birthing plan. I know that I want to try to deliver naturally and am interested in water birth. There is a suite led by the midwifery unit at our hospital that facilitates this. The environment seems very calming, and I'm hopeful that we'll get to deliver there. If we do experience any complications or if I decide I want an epidural, then I can easily be taken to the adjacent hallway, where the labor ward is.

Prepping Victoria Embankment for the cyclists.

Stage 3 - it was quick but what a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment