Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Little Reminder


     I found this photo online about a month before we left for London. I remember laughing when I saw it. I ended up saving it to my laptop because I had this feeling it would be used on my blog sometime after we moved here. Well, that time has come, and that photo explains how I have been feeling from time to time. It doesn't last for long. Just comes in short waves. 

     I am still, very much so, enjoying London. I wanted to move here. I know this is where God wants me to be. But, I still miss what I left in the states. I miss my Dad, Mom, Bec, Philip, Mr. and Mrs. Montgomery, Kyle, and countless other family and friends.

     Today, I came to a local coffee shop to have breakfast and check my email/Facebook. My brother had posted on my timeline that he missed me. I almost lost it. I probably would have, but I was sitting in the corner of the coffee shop facing everyone, so, for their sake, I kept it together. I am allowing myself to be sad at times. However, I don't want to be sad all the time. I'm trying to keep a good balance.

     When I was in high school, my Mom wrote a Bible verse, on a note card, specific for me, Bec and Philip. For most who know me, know that I tend to worry about a lot of things. In anything related to school, I was anxious about getting good grades or doing well in sports. Not coincidentally, the verse given to me was Philippians 4:6-7, "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." With this move, I have been anxious about a lot of different things. I am grateful that Mom gave me that verse when she did. It has helped me remember who I get my strength from, and who I can always turn to when I need peace. Christ is the ultimate Comforter. Little did I know, at the time, how dear this verse would be to me. I kept that note card, and I brought it with me. It has and will continue to remind me of the One who relieves all anxiety. Thank you, Mom. :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment