Friday, November 18, 2011

Pulling, Pulling, Pulling An All Nighter

     Not only have I been awake since 4:45 a.m. yesterday (Thursday), I've also had the song Pulling An All Nighter, made "popular" by the Olsen twins in their video You're Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley's Sleepover Party (circa 1990s), stuck in my head. Bec and I rented and watched that video so many times that the catchy tune should forever be quite easy to remember!

     This whole plan of Jeff and myself staying up all night, prior to our travel day to London, was suppose to make us so tired, we would sleep most of the 10-hour flight. In other words, prevent jet lag. Well, it is now 7:40 a.m. on Friday, and I am quite exhausted already. I tried to fill in my night of no sleep with some fun activities, which even though helped, have not kept me completely awake.

     First off, Breaking Dawn - Part 1 opened today at many theaters around midnight. Having read and enjoyed all of the books and attended the two previous Twilight movies with my good friend Sarah Montgomery - yes, you read correctly - it was a must that we purchased our tickets a few days in advance and arrived to the movie theater a couple of hours before the show started. The time we were able to spend together was great! I really enjoyed just sitting there and getting to talk with her. We don't get to do that often enough, and with the move coming quickly, our times are numbered. Thank goodness for Facebook, phones and blogs!

Sarah Montgomery x 2





     After the movie let out, I dropped Sarah off at her apartment, then called and woke Jeff up (he broke our arrangement of no sleeping), so we could head to Whataburger for a super early snack. We stayed there for over an hour just talking about the exciting days ahead and laughing at each others delirious state.

None of these in London. It will be missed.

Jeff (looking quite cute, if I may say so!)




Potato Taquito - the best.


     After Whataburger, we ventured over to a very empty Walmart around 4:30 a.m., where we spent 30 minutes getting only a few items. Jeff even danced or attempted to dance... for those who know him this says a lot, as he is fairly uptight and not a dancer at all. Wish I would have recorded the quick routine, but it is one routine that I will never forget. Our last item to pick up was some of this...

which, I cannot wait to use!

      It is now 8:15 a.m., and I've yet to pack. Better get going! Will update and have plenty of photos once we get back from this first trip to London. We are praying to find a flat (apartment for us Americans), while we are there. Hoping our next post will bring good news!





No comments:

Post a Comment