Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Wonderful Weekend

A lot of England has been snowed on quite a bit this weekend, and as happy as I am to see all of the pretty snow outside, it almost prevented Jeff from coming home on Friday. Almost. His original flight was cancelled, but amazingly, he was bumped to an earlier flight, which then became delayed close to the time of his original flight. In spite of all of the snow and flight changes, Jeff made it back home in the early evening on Friday. It was and is so, so good to have him home. 

I was such a happy lady to see my man home!
This weekend has been a wonderful time of us just spending it together. Even though Jeff was only in Spain for 2 weeks, when we were back in Texas, he stayed with his family while I stayed with mine. Very ideal for our families; it worked out best that way. I still got to see Jeff, but it just wasn't the same. There were times it felt like we were dating again. "Hey Mom, Jeff's going to come over for dinner" or "I'm going to go hang out with Jeff and his parents." That sort of thing. Haha! It is just nice to get back into our rhythm here in London.

Jeff has been bringing me back little odds and ends from each trip he goes on. In addition to traveling, we've always wanted to start a collection of quirky things from different countries. He nails it each time, so I wasn't worried about what he'd bring back from Spain.

Thrift store find and it still works!
So awesome.

Cute trinket box from a thrift store in Bilbao, Spain.

 On Saturday, I made breakfast and we caught up on some piddly stuff around the flat. Later, we watched Les Misérables at our neighborhood cinema (cinemar as the British pronounce it). It was a great movie, and I'm glad I saw it. To be honest though, I'm not sure I will see it again. Too much singing for me. Randomly, Jeff had a migraine start towards the end of the movie. Thankfully, I had some Advil to somewhat set off the pain that inevitably follows. The rest of our weekend since then has consisted of rest and staying warm. I hope all of you have had a great weekend!

Thanks again Nat for my Anthro S mug! It's my go-to tea cup!

Morning cuddles with Monk.

Part of our garden and the neighborhood fox next door.

Close up of the furry friend.

Loving this snow!

My view indoors. One of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment