Friday, April 20, 2012

Monk-Man in the UK

The title for this post came to me immediately, but the strange part is that it also came to the tune of "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus. Weird? Yes, I know, and don't ask me why because I haven't been listening to that song. It's interesting how random my thoughts are. Really. Maybe the connection I made in those few seconds was that "Party in the USA" was actually written by Jessie J, a UK artist - so that's how the title worked? Anyway, Monk is here in London with me and Jeff. Our little family is now complete. Outside of all the time, money, paperwork and vet visits, there were only a few minor glitches we had to deal with.

Since Jeff and I moved to London on NYE, my Mom and Dad had been taking care of Monk for us. Originally, it was until we found a pet-friendly flat (around 2 months), but it was extended one more month due to timing of his paperwork being finalized and an unexpected vacation. Thank you again Mom and Dad and everyone else who may have watched Monk during that time (Mr. & Mrs. M, Bec, Philip, Kyle and Lane)! Jeff and I are so appreciative!

Since I had come back to Frost before Monk had left, Jeff and I went ahead and booked his not-so-cheap trip to the UK. He and I both traveled back on the same day, but at different times and on different planes. He arrived in London about 2 hours before I did. Customs for an animal is about 4 hours, so I landed at a good time, as I would have only had to wait a little over an hour to get him. Perfect time to have lunch, I remember thinking, when I get an email from Jeff (who was in Spain at the time) saying that Monk was being detained for 24 hours because he wasn't given the correct tapeworm treatment. I was so, so frustrated. I thought we had done everything necessary so something like this couldn't happen. It goes to show how little control we have, but everything still turned out fine. I was only upset because I was imagining how Monk was - scared. Around 2:30 the next afternoon, little Monk was delivered to our front door. He was shaking and whining, but not covered in his own mess! :) The rest of that day, Monk ate, drank and slept. He slept so much. The trip really tuckered him out.

Here are some photos of him the day he arrived and since then. Have a great weekend!


Worn out Monk finally at his new home.

Monk just before the sleepathon.

He slept here.

Here.

Here.

And here (all on his first day home).

This was taken on a different day, but he likes to sleep here sometimes too.

Monk's very own bed that replaced the bulky kennel.

He likes it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment