Sunday, August 5, 2012

A Farewell and a Facelift

Today, Jeff left for Germany. He will be doing hotel assessments in Cologne and then Dusseldorf until he returns Thursday night. Before seeing him off, Jeff and I went to The Light Cafe in Wimbledon for some amazing breakfast. We were first to arrive at opening, and naturally, a reward came because of this - snagging the most coveted spot to dine, which was a cozy table for two on an elevated platform by the window that overlooks the picturesque high street. I've always wanted to sit there, but it never fails that it is always taken. Not today! :)

The best table in the house!

My poor blog has been neglected the past couple of months, so after cleaning around our flat, I decided to give it a much needed facelift. I don't like to spend too long fixing it up because I get carried away so easily and, on top of that, I'm still not that great of a Blogger navigator. Adding gadgets, fixing margins, centering titles... I have to do a Google search for almost any change I want to make. Hopefully, this will remedy itself soon; it just wears me out. But no fear - I am here to stay and blog. The more I do, the easier it will become!

With that said, I originally intended to blog about our trips around England and Paris, but I've spent too long already revamping and typing this out, so expect at least one new post no later than a week from now. I need to feel like others are "counting" on it, so I have motivation to follow through!

Here are a few pictures from the weekend. What a great, restful weekend it has been! Almost ready for the new week ahead. I hope you all have a great one!

On Saturday morning, Jeff, me and Monk soaked up the sun while we took a stroll around the park.

For dinner on Saturday, Jeff and I went to the local pub and watched some Olympic tennis mixed doubles.

When I haven't been blogging or cleaning today, I've been watching one of my favorite shows.

Such a lively atmosphere at our home today.


Love his voice! Any Day Now is my current favorite from this album.





No comments:

Post a Comment